HHCF Wellness | The Brightside Life
Posted on 15th May, 2015
Awhile back now I lamented the end of winter, and revelled in the glory of Summer fresh starts and new changes to routine. This beauty of a beast of a body of mine is ever changing, ever trialling new things and perpetually falling into the love affair that is me and my burritos. Surely one day I’ll wake up as a 40 year old woman with the metabolism and hips of a 23 year old? Right? But then, why the hell would I want that when this body has been battle scarred and loved, and IS loved, and can dance and swim and go for a brisk walk should I feel like it…or even the occasional cardio burst…Should I feel like it that is..
So as Winter rolls back around, (roll being a literally interpretation of how I’m feeling right now) and I am planning my Winter Wardrobe essentials around how many chunky knits I can cover myself in, what better time than now to plan a winter wellness escape, and how convenient it’s right down the damn street.
Laziness Levels Achieved.
Experience a Winter Yamba Wellness Retreat with The Brightside Life
SURF | YOGA | MEDITATION | PILATES | RAW FOOD | SUP YOGA | DIY SKINCARE | MASSAGES
- Begin seated with the knees bent and feet on the floor. Grab a hold of your shins and pull your torso in close towards your knees.
- Lengthen the spine, relax the shoulders down and broaden through the chest and back, ensuring the head remains in alignment with the spine.
- Engage the core by drawing the belly button in towards the spine and keep this engagement throughout the sequence.
- Place your hands under your knees and begin to lift the feet a few inches off the floor, finding a point of balance on the sits bones.
- From here you can start to lift the lefts higher to where the shins are parallel to the floor.
- For more here reach the arms out in front of your, ensuring the shoulders start drawn down your back and extend the legs long.
- Hold for 10 – 20 seconds depending on your experience.
- Starting in boat pose. Inhale as you lower the torso, arms and legs down towards the floor, hoovering 2 – 3 inches from the floor.
- Exhale to come back up into boat pose.
- Repeat for 5- 10 reps